The list below shows you the current Xbox One operating system version number and what features were added or updated based in the current system update.NOTE: I will try and keep this list as up to date as I can so when there is a OS update the information on its changes and features can be found hereUPDATED: 19/05/2014
To find your Xbox One console’s operating system version:
- Press the Xbox button to return to Home.
- Press the Menu button and select Settings (or select Settings on the Home screen).
- Select System.
- Select Console info.
- Your operating system version is the third row down.
If you’re in the middle of a system update and need to find your operating system version on your console, pull both triggers and both bumpers on the controller. The operating system version
is listed as Build
and is the second line down.
|Operating system version||Release Date||Feature||Summary|
|6.2.10951.0 (xb_rel_1405.140514-2300) fre||15/05/2014||New or updated features||Sound Mixer for Apps with Snap and Volume Controls When Using Kinect with Chat|
Opt-In to Help Improve Speech Recognition
- Under Settings, select Display & Sound, we’ve added two new features for controlling your audio options.
- With the new Sound mixer, you’ll be able to control the volume levels of two apps when you’re using Snap letting you decide which app is louder.
- With the Chat mixer, you’ll be able to control the volume levels when you’re using Kinect for chat.
Take the Next System Update When You Want
- To help us in our efforts to make voice and speech improvements for Kinect even better, you can opt-in to a speech data collection.
- Under Settings, then select Privacy & Online Safety, under the Privacy column select Custom, scroll to the far right until you find Share Voice Data and set to Allow.
- When a System Update is made available, you’ll find the option available to update your console now.
- Go to Settings, select System, if an update is available the System Update button will be available for you to select.
|6.2.10812.0 (xb_rel_1404.140411-1830) fre||14/04/2014||New or updated features||System update improvements|
Game and app saves and updates
- The ability for the console to reboot and complete system update while in Instant On power mode.
- Users will easily be able to tell what games and apps are being updated or have been updated recently.
- Take future updates on demand when one is available without waiting for the console to do it from Instant On mode. Feature available under system settings.
- A game save progress bar will show you the status of your game saves.
- You will be able to easily tell what games and apps are being updated or have been updated recently.
Blu-ray 50 Hz video output support for content recorded at 50 Hz
- Notifications will be added to see when favorites and friends sign in to Xbox Live.
- Friends who are in multiplayer will be identified in the friends list.
Kinect voice and motion improvements
- This will resolve video playback issues that some Xbox Live members in Europe are experiencing.
Improved GameDVR video quality
- We continue to fine tune the quality and reliability of Xbox One commands.
Updates to Xbox One device management
- Through compression algorithm improvements.
- Improves the ability to control TVs, set top boxes, and receivers that our customers have reported issues with.
|6.2.10698.0 (xb_rel_1403.140301-2200) fre||04/03/2014||New or updated features||Improved multiplayer and party chat|
Improved friends list and profile
- Cross title party chat
- Party chat on by default
- Easier multiplayer invites
- Easier multiplayer joining
- Ability to see what the people in your party are doing
Twitch TV live streaming support
- Improved friends list utility and speed of access
- Ability to see people that you recently played games with
- See when friends are broadcasting, including live broadcast thumbnails in the activity feed
- Get to a friend’s profile faster using typeahead suggestions
- Contextual app menu actions on friends list and activity feed items
- Enabled more multiplayer (join and invite) actions on user profiles
- 54 new contest-winning gamerpics
Bringing out social in home
- Broadcast gameplay on TwitchTV through Xbox Live
- Voice support for starting and ending broadcast
Miscellaneous shell improvements
- See favourite friends currently online
- See friends broadcasting gameplay
- View game clips while in Snap mode
- Protect user settings with passkey
New devices – driver and firmware updates
- Control Bing and Google maps with gesture and controller
- Quick search when highlighting a term on a page
- When searching from Bing search on the console, direct link to Internet Explorer to see additional web results
- Firmware update to the Xbox One controller to support the Xbox One stereo headset adaptor
- Support for Xbox headsets and third party headsets
- Driver updates for the Xbox One Media Remote
- Push notification to your device for Xbox Live messages
- Quickly see what a friend is doing, including presence and recent
- Enhanced viewing of personal and friends' game progress and clips
- Ability to close snap from SmartGlass
Improved audio output support
- 50Hz fix – users can set the Live TV app to display at 50Hz for full or fill modes
- Volume up/down adjustments – user can tailor the number of volume increments when using “volume up” or “volume down” commands
- IR blasting of power & volume to TVs and AVRs in all regions
- AVR setup maps to include the model number for most sound bars or AVRs when setting up TV
- SPDIF (optical out) now supports 5.1 Dolby Digital, enabling devices such as sound bars with only optical in to be able to receive 5.1 Dolby Digital from console over optical
- HDMI output now supports stereo uncompressed, 5.1 uncompressed, 7.1 uncompressed, 5.1 Dolby Digital or 5.1 DTS (5.1 Dolby Digital new for March)
|6.2.10542 (xb_rel_1402.140213-0115) fre||14/02/2014||New or updated features|
- Update to My game & apps to allow sorting of games and application lists, and separate queue lists for games, applications and installations
- Ability to delete game and application save data
- Improved installation and DLC management
- Addition of the controller battery power indicator
- Improved UI for accessing friends, achievements, messages and party chat
- Game DVR app to be included in the Xbox OneGuide as an app channel
- Update to the boot progress indicators for system update
- Improve consistency of UX for update & install progress
- Separate game, application and install queue lists
- Addition of USB keyboard support
| || ||Stability and performance update|
- Improved NAT detection
- Network Troubleshooter improvements
- Blu-Ray quality improvements
- Significant performance and stability improvements
|6.2.10217.0 (xb_rel_launch.131205-2200)||10/12/2013||Stability and performance update|
- Addresses SmartGlass issues for some users when coming in and out of connected standby
- Addresses multiplayer issues for some users when re-joining games
- Addresses issues with inconsistent notifications for some users
- Addresses dashboard quality experiences for some users
- Improvements to Xbox One’s TV, system update and content update services for scaling over time
- Updated wireless networking driver to improve connectivity issues for some users
|6.2.10210.0(xb_rel_launch 131118-1159)||22/11/2013||Launch Day Update||This is the first update to the system and will include the full operating system.|
|6.2.9781.0(xb_rel_flash1307.130829-1800)||Manufacturer|| ||This is the operating system installed at the factory.|