1) Is it me, or is there something wrong with Xbox Live?
Great question! Your first stop will be the Xbox Live Service Status page. Here you will find up-to-date information regarding the status of Xbox Live. If all looks good, proceed to step 2.
2) Check the Support articles!
Support.Xbox.com is jam packed full of helpful support articles. Below are the most helpful 'connecting to Xbox Live' articles. Choose the article best suited for your situation, and follow the steps provided to troubleshoot your Xbox Live connection. If none of the troubleshooters do the trick, proceed to step 3.
- Connecting to Xbox Live for the first time.
- I get an error message when I test my Xbox One network connection.
- My Xbox One can't see my wireless network.
- I am experiencing low streaming quality on my Xbox One.
- I've connected to Xbox Live before, but I can't connect now.
If none of the support articles made the grade, and there are no stickies pertaining to your issue, it's time to make a post! When making a post, you can save yourself time by providing the bold info below. If you don't know an answer, no worries, but do your best. By providing the requested info, you give the community the tools they need to help resolve your issue.
What Country/State/Province do you live in?
Modem brand & model number:
Router brand & model number:
Wired or wireless:
Things you have tried:
Is UPnP Enabled? Yes/no/Unknown
Do you have a NAT error? If so, what is your NAT type?
Any Error Codes you encounter:
Who is your ISP?(Internet Service Provider):